Saturday, March 24, 2012

Peer review #10

I think that peer review is a very important part for a paper because other people can help generate more ideas that can be added to a paper as well as the corrections. I think that the peer review that we do in class is useful because it helps us get to know our class mates and we can have the opinion and help of more than one person, the only down fall that I think we have is the amount of time given. For me I got to read a paper over at least twice just to make sure that I didn’t miss anything. As far as peer review my strengths is finding details and correcting grammar errors , my weakness is correcting punctuations because I’m not familiar with all the markings and they should be used. When I start my peer review I first read the paper over once just to know what I’m reading and after that I read it over a second time and highlight or circle any errors. I think working in smaller groups is better because you get the 1 on 1 with the person whose paper your reviewing and that way I can give them suggestions and ideas that may be useful on their part.

No comments:

Post a Comment